Client: Brian M. Mekdsy Legal Services
A start-up Massachussets attorney providing services exclusively online, offering Estate Planning, Business Legal Services as well as other services.
- Create a professional legal website that captures the essence of the legal services
- Create a lasting brand and design a professional law logo
- Create a social media presence for the law frim
- Target a specific area of the law firm’s business for the initial keyword targeting
- Develop a content marketing plan to start attracting visitors to the law firm’s site
The first challenge was the fact that both the law firm and the brand were completely new. The second challenge laid in the highly competitive nature of the legal and estate planning business. The third challenge was the timing and the budget.
Due to budget concerns, the client wanted the website to start generating traffic for his business areas in a very short period of time. Building a brand and generating traffic to the site using low cost methods such as Inbound and Content Marketing for a highly competitive business takes time. However, after identifying specific areas of how to make this new business stand out from the crowd, and concentrating on the unique offerings, we were able to come up with some creative ideas and provide our client with results.
Branding and Messaging
We started by identifying the brand for the law firm’s business and their target market. We worked with the attorney to understand how they want to be known in the local market, and how they would like to connect with their potential customers. We created a brand image that is carried through online and offline efforts, establishing a consistent look and feel for their marketing and equipping them with the tools to continue.
Once we identified the direction, we sketched out a legal website which would incorporate all of the client’s needs as well as be functional and easy to navigate for current and potential customers. We created a clean and professional looking website, which would not only provide information for the readers but also easily convert website visitors to paying customers.
The purpose and information is easily visible, inviting the visitor to find out more about the attorney and the law firm, and potentially convert. The website was done using WordPress system to make it easy for the client to edit, update and maintain the website.
Inbound Marketing and Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
SEO approach can be done on many levels. Since we were focused on creating interest and traffic through mainly inbound marketing, our efforts were directed at
- analyzing competition
- creating an keyword strategy
- completing an in-depth keyword analysis
- developing content creation strategy
- establishing geo-targeting
- concentrating submissions of the the website to search engines, directories and places that would give us the quickest results
In today’s world no business is complete without a Social Media presence.
- we created social media accounts and integrated with the website
- created a custom look for the Facebook page
- coached the client on how to use the Social Media outlets most effectively
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
SEM is often confused with PPC. However there are strategic ways to do SEM without spending a dime. We used those methods of getting properly listed in Search Engines, developing quality back-links, creating specific landing pages for campaigns to gain authority and popularity for the client’s website and business.
In less than 6 months we were able to reach some impressive results:
- over 400 visits/month and growing
- 33% returning visits meaning more and more readers and coming back to the site
- #1 Google ranking for several key phrases including “estate planning family massachusetts”, “massachusetts estate planning services” and “attorney brian mekdsy”
The client went from invisible to competitive. The website and it’s information is getting picked up by reporters and other bloggers adding to it’s popularity and visibility.
We continue to work with the client, continually improving the information, working on increasing the number of great quality back-links and traffic.