Client: Oh My Maya, Inc.
Oh My Maya is a non-profit organization that raises funds for charitable works in Guatemala through the sale of beautiful beaded jewelry, clothing and other goods handmade by Maya artisans in Guatemala. Their target audience is US based consumers who are looking for unique handcrafted gifts and who desire to support developing nations.
- Better online presence
- Improved way to showcase both the charity and the products
- Ability to easily update and edit content without additional expense
- Ability to easily post products and photos for new inventory
- Contact forms
- An integrated blog
- Integrated Social Media
- Social Media Presence
We identified some initial problems with the existing Oh My Maya website and worked to resolve them. Some of the main issues with the original website:
- No recognizable brand or consistent logo
- A shopping cart separated from the main website
- No blog option
- Poor back-end structure which is detrimental for good Search placement
- Product pictures and descriptions were not optimized
- No tracking, so the customer didn’t how visitors were coming to the website and therefore how to improve
Creating a Brand:
We started the project with the very important step of creating an image for the business. We worked diligently on creating a logo which would best represent the cause, be in line with the client’s style and most importantly be able to resonate with the customers.
Next we upgraded the Client’s e-commerce store and SEO optimized every inventory item. Through training and demonstrations we passed on the knowledge so that the non-profit could keep up with website maintenance and inventory updates on their own.
We established a social media presence for the charity and equipped the owners with custom branded email templates to promote their specials and raise awareness for their work.